"Save on capital expenses - Save on call costs"
The Hosted IP PABX service
Hosted IP PABX services can go by many names, often categorised by a Service. A few examples could be PBX as a Service (PaaS), Communications as a Service (CaaS), Software as a Service (SaaS) solutions, while others use the term virtual PABX. The main idea is the same: the software and hardware runs in the provider's data centre and deliver their functionality through the internet, data lines, Diginet or wireless connection.
The growing popularity of Hosted IP PABX offers businesses and mobile professionals a powerful telecommunications solution; dramatically changing the way companies do business. More and more companies are adopting this powerful, yet affordable solution.
There are traditionally two types of hosted PABX services, namely:
- IP Centrex, which is a virtual hosted IP PABX where the service provider maintains all equipment, connectivity and services at a central site and offers a full spectrum offsite telecommunications offering.
- Hosted IP PABX, where the service provider maintains the customer PABX on site and manages telephony, or keeps the PBX at the customer site but manages it remotely.
If you are looking to buy a new phone system or replace your outdated business phone system, don't overlook the potential of the Go-sIP Centrex virtual hosted IP PABX service as a telephone system alternative. For small, large, fast‐growing, and/or highly‐distributed businesses, virtual hosted IP PABX services can in fact be the most cost‐effective way to get a full suite of modern phone system features.
Companies can finally replace their old phone systems and get a far more flexible phone solution at a fraction of the cost. It is not just replacing one phone system for another; with a virtual hosted IP PABX you get the benefits of outsourcing the management of your phone system. Virtual hosted IP PABX expands communications and productivity by providing a range of advanced features and functionality without straining your budget.
Go-sIP virtual hosted IP PABX explained
With the Go-sIP virtual hosted IP PABX service, there is no need for the typical customer premise equipment (dedicated telephone hardware that sits in your office) needed as with traditional PABX systems. You can have a corporate class business system without the expense or hassle of buying and maintaining your own telephone system and save money on all telephone calls. Instead, the service provider will deliver telephony services over a Digital Direct communications link via their own IPC and Point-of-interconnect (POIL) housed at Teraco in Isando.
Your incoming calls are routed to telephone hardware at the provider's data centre. When the system determines where to transfer the call, it swiftly forwards the call to the appropriate extension at your office. A user requiring say 50 telephones would in fact be sharing a telephone system.
Go-sIP virtual hosted IP PABX overview
The Go-sIP virtual hosted IP PABX platform provides all standard PABX telephone system functions plus fully integrated enhanced services, such as Call Centres, conferencing, voice and fax mail as well as mobile teleworker integration. All setup and configuration is easily managed via a Web portal. The platform is ideally suitable for businesses with as few as five users or large enterprises with thousands of users distributed across the globe. A virtual hosted IP PABX is the answer for businesses to compete with and surpass premises-based PABX in functionality, economics and ease of operation.
Go-sIP virtual hosted IP PABX and the Digital Direct Voice-over-Network advantage
- By using dedicated Digital Direct Voice-over-Network business lines, the system offers superior digital call clarity and reliability than VoIP (Voice over IP) by not using the Internet for voice communications.
- Significant savings on Local, National, Mobile and International calls
- Point to Point ADSL connectivity (Digital Direct Connectivity)
- Dedicated speeds with low contention ratios for superior voice quality
- No break-out to internet (no VoIP Internet telephony resulting in poor voice quality)
- Scalable to meet changing requirements
Inter branch communication
Free inter branch communication to remote offices which utilises the Go-sIP and Digital Direct Voice-over-Network connectivity. This will reduce your inter branch call cost.
Mobile VoIP is an efficient way of using your mobile iPhone or notebook by routing calls over the Internet Protocol rather than via traditional mobile operators, thus saving you money. Mobile VoIP works wherever you have access to the internet via Wi-Fi or over 3G.
- Free Client Premise Voice-over-Network (VoN) equipment
- Free Geographic Number Portability (GNP) - your Telkom telephone number stays the same
- Free installation & maintenance
- 24/7 Helpdesk
Why the Go-sIP virtual hosted IP PABX?
The Go-sIP virtual hosted IP PABX delivers a feature-rich solution. The following chart contrasting the essential attributes in Virtual PABX and IP PABX environments shows the clear advantages of Go-sIP virtual hosted IP PABX.
|Attribute||Go-sIP virtual hosted IP PABX||IP PABX|
|Scalability||- Unlimited||- Typical 1-10K
- Limited number of IP handsets
|Multi-site Networking||- Uniform dial plans
- Full feature set
- Centralised Management
|- Hard to manage dial plans
- Limited network features
- Service islands
|Total Cost of Ownership||- Lower cost of outsourcing||- Higher total costs: Staff, support, access - limited CPE options|
|Open Standards||- Many 3rd party CPE options
- SIP based
|- Proprietary CPE
- Limited CPE options
|Reliability and Resilience||- Carrier Grade platform [typically well over 5 9s]
- Cost carried by Go-sIP
- Element and geographic redundancy
|- Hard to reach 5 9s
- Customer pays for redundancy
- Software reliability and churn cause instability
|Technology Risk||- Cost carried by Go-sIP||- Cost carried by end customer|
|Operations and Management||- Centralised management and support
- Located in Data Centre with relevant redundancy included
|- Separate management systems
- Located at customer site(s)
- Typically supports single site
Virtual hosted IP PABX - Powerful Features
With the Go-sIP virtual hosted IP PABX, clients have an unparalleled set of productivity-enhancing features:
- Remote Office - Users can take their offices on the road with them
- Simultaneous Ring - Rings any number such as a mobile or home phone when a caller rings a desk phone
- Push To Talk - Immediate communication useful for quick conversations between an executive and assistant
- Selective Call Forwarding - Allows users to decide who reaches them, at what number, and when
- Optional pre-integrated services such as Voice/Video/Fax mail, Call Centres, Conferencing and Personal Mobility
- A host of powerful personal features as well as group and enterprise features provide the small office/home office (SOHO), medium and large enterprise markets the tools they need.
Group and Enterprise Features
|Back||Back to top|